Masters thesis propasal
- Dynamical Borel–Cantelli lemmata The purpose with this project is to study dynamical Borel–Cantelli lemmata and their applications.
- Linear programming methods for decoding The goal of the project is to compare different methods of decoding binary linear codes and find out how well they work on certain classes of codes.
- Primality tests The object is to explore different methods for testing if a number is prime, among them the famous so called AKS primality test. This algorithm runs in time that is a polynomial in the length of the number being tested.
- Calibration of a new PDE-based simulation model of reactive settling in wastewater treatment plants The project means working with the latest developments of the modelling and numerical simulation of biological reactions and sedimentation processes that occur in a wastewater treatment plant. The work consists of implementation of a new numerical method and calibration of the model to real data from a pilot plant. Prerequisites: Good grades in courses in mathematics (e.g., LTH courses including “Kontinuerliga system”) and numerical analysis.
- Modelling sedimentation of particles in a fluid with a PDE as an alternative to a particle-based model The main part of the project is to calibrate a model of sedimentation written as a nonlinear partial differential equation (PDE) on conservation law form.