Image analysis examples
A collection of matlab scripts illustrating different concepts in image analysis
The scripts are constructed for the
basic course in image analysis. at Lund University, Sweden.
The examples are intended to illustrate concepts and algorithms in the course.
This means that most often
the algorithms are implemented in a way that resembles the equations or the theory.
To get really efficient and robust algorithms, one often has to implement all kinds
of bells and whistles.
Such algorithms are often implemented in packages/modules/toolboxes for
different programming languages, e.g.
Suggestions and/or corrections are always appreciated.
All data and scripts are open source and can be found at
- Lecture 1 - Images, Sampling, Interpolation, Gray-scale transformations
- Lecture 2 - Machine Learning 1
- Lecture 3 - Linear Algebra and FFT
- Lecture 4 - Convolutions
- Lecture 5 - Feature Detection
- Lecture 6 - Machine Learning 2
- Lecture 7 - Deep Learning
Three examples on how to fit a line to points in 2D.
First least squares, then total least squares and finally using the
singular value decomposition.